The City of The Dead.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess

3 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Chess - Page 14 Empty Re: Chess

Post by Denis Mon May 31, 2010 10:47 pm

Ollie turned her head and looked at him. She was getting cocky. "Prove it. I dare you. You say I can't lock her up forever. Prove it, I dare you. Prove you can get Michi back out." she said, a frown on her lips.

~!!~
"Because I can." Mindy asked, still walking by his side.

"She has a thing for the 'strong and silent' type." Andrew answered with a bored. "Be careful. She kills her boyfriends." Literally, but Andrew didn't add that.

Mindy frowned. "Really, Andrew? Must you annoy me with that mouth of yours?" she asked.

~!!~
D'angelo frowned and stepped away. "I'm sorry, Elianna." he whispered and stepped forward again. He kissed her cheek before leaving her room.

~!!~
Elijah smiled at her. "Okay, then dance with me." he said as he spun her around. "So, does this make me insane?" he asked as he looked down at her. His red hair was starting to stick to his forehead.

~!!~
Xavier took her hands in his and kissed them. He was smiling widely. "I love you so much, you can not imagine how much this makes me happy." he whispered. "Andrew was wrong. He said that you didn't know how to love, but you do. And I love you." he pulled her close to him and wrapped his arms around her. "I won't let you go." he said.
Denis
Denis
Admin

https://deadtown.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Mon May 31, 2010 10:55 pm

K.C. smiled, wrapping her arms around him tightly. "Eventually you'll have to," She said softly, closing her eyes. For now, things seemed okay. For now, she could forget about Andrew, Chronos, and everything that was going wrong.
~!!~
Rue smiled, shaking her head. "No, you're not insane," she said, reaching up and brushing his hair away from his forehead without really thinking. As she did so, her sleeve fell back, revealing her burned arm. She quickly let her hand drop, pulling her sleeve back down, though she knew he'd probably already seen it.
~!!~
Daniel was ignoring both of them now. He stopped as he came to the front door, giving Mindy a look that said 'go away now.' He opened the door and gestured Andrew inside, glaring at him.

Sage heard the door open and stood up. Her room was now spotless, and Bryce had left thinking she was asleep. She made her way downstairs quietly, staying near the stairs wehre she wouldn't be seen.
~!!~
Draven stood up, forgetting for now that David was in the room. He thought about last time he'd kissed ollie to bring Michi back, how angry she had gotten. Right now, he didn' tcare; he just wanted her back. He leaned down and pressed his lips to her lightly, gently, the way he kissed Michi, hoping beyond everything that it would work.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 pm

David blinked. "Ew." he mumbled as he buried his head under Draven's pillow.

Ollie's eyes widened. She had expected that. She quickly turned her head away. Her hand met his cheek with a loud slapping sound. "I guess she isn't fighting as much as you thought." she said, not looking at him. She hoped that he didn't hear the turmoil in her voice.

~!!~
Mindy frowned. "I'll be back." she mused as she walked back to the woods.

Andrew frowned and stepped in. He dropped the bag on the sofa. "You weren't serious were you when you said that I couldn't even say her name again?" he asked. "You aren't really kicking me out are you?" he asked as he turned to face him.

~!!~
Elijah smiled slightly when he felt her hand on his head. But then he saw her arm. "Your arm..." he whispered and looked away. "That wasn't an accident." he whispered. He shook his head. "I should take you home before you get sick. Maybe I cam meet your family then too." he said as he took her hand and began to lead her away.

~!!~
"No." Xavier said. "I won't." he said as he kissed the top of her head. "I think I'll fall apart if I did." he whispered
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Mon May 31, 2010 11:24 pm

K.C. didn't say anything else, just moved as close to him as she could, resting her head on his chest and keeping her eyes closed. "If you say so," She finallys aid quietly. Her hands traced small circles on his back where she had her arms around him, almost absentmindedly.
~!!~
Rue frowned, stepping away. She just nodded. "Alright," She said stiffly. She walked next to him in silence, but finally she spoke. "They were accidents, you know," she said quietly. "I don't understand why that's so hard to believe." and in her mind, they were accidents. Her father would never do that on purpose. It hadn't been his fault.
~!!~
Draven grabbed her wrist, ignoring the stinging pain in his cheek. "Michi," he said softly. "Michi, I know you can hear me. Please. Please come back to me," He said quietly. "Michi, please. I need you; I just got you back. I can't lose you again."
~!!~
Daniel frowned, folding his arms across his chest. He finally shrugged. "You stay away from her room. The guest room is down the hall here. You stay there. My threat was real, though, if I catch you anywhere near the stairs."

Sage's hands clenched into tight fists at her sides, a deep frown on her face.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mon May 31, 2010 11:50 pm

Xavier chuckled softly. "Do you realize how remarkable you are?" he asked as he closed his eyes. "Why anyone would want to let go of you I have no idea." he said softly. "And don't even try to deny it." he said as he opened an eyes.

~!!~
"Then how did you get them?" he asked at the rain started coming down harder. He led her down the streets. "How, and I'll believe you." he said. He didn't look at her, only forward.

~!!~
Ollie tired to pull her wrist away. Suddenly she smirked. She is speaking to me, for once. "How can you need her? You told her once you didn't, and never would need anyone." she said, once more trying to pull her hand away. "So why do you need her now? I know you love her, but really, couldn't you go on without her?"

~!!~
Andrew picked up his bag and walked toward the guess room. He paused. "What exactly are you are going to make me do, if I can't even say her name, much less see her?" he asked.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Draven didn't let go of her wrist. Something flashed behind his eyes, but it was gone just as fast. "I didn't know then," He said quietly. "I thought I didn't need anyone, but I was wrong. I need you, Michi," he said, looking her straight in the eyes, as if seraching for the woman he knew lay underneath.
~!!~
Daniel paused as well, a frown on his face. "You can see her," He said quietly. "But don't make me regret it." He spun around and walked towards the stairs, pausing when he saw Sage sitting there, glaring daggers in his direction.
~!!~
K.C. was about to say something when he opened an eye, as if he'd read her mind, and told her not to. She smirked slightly, shaking her head. "You know, this is all so new to me," She said quietly.
~!!~
Rue frowned, looking down at her feet as she walked, hardly able to hear over the rain now. She wanted to lie, but she didn't know what to say. "I tripped," She finally said. A horrible lie, but a lie nonetheless. "Tried to stop myself, but I tripped, the stove was on, and...viola," she said, gesturing at her arms and face.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Elijah frowned deeply. He obviously didn't believe her, but he said nothing as her house came into view. "I won't get in trouble for keeping you out in the rain will I?" he asked as he lead her up the walkway.

~!!~
Xavier laughed lightly. "That's okay." he whispered at he brushed some of her hair behind her ear. They were both soaking wet but he didn't care. He just held her closer. He kissed the top of her head.

~!!~
Andrew sighed and watched as he left. When he was gone he walked over to where he had paused. He smiled slightly at Sage. "He speaks." he noted dryly as he offered her his hand.

~!!~
Ollie's eyes widened as Michi fought harder. She quickly looked away, trying to hide this from him. "Get away from me!" she shouted as she tried to get her wrist away from him. "Why should I suffer so you can be happy? I won't give her to you. You will know I feel to be kept away from the one person in the world that you love." she cried trying to pull away while Michi was yelling at her to let her out.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Rue shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not," She said, smiling slightly. She hesitated with her hand on the knob. "Disregard most of what they say, okay?" She asked, but didn't elaborate as she pulled the door open.

"I'm home!" She called, pulling him in and closing the door behind her. A few moments later she made her way into the kitchen, where her mother was sitting at the table. She had long black hair and the same eyes as Rue. She looked up, her eyes tired and sad. When she saw Elijah she sat up straight, blinking in surprise.

"Hello, Rue," She said. "Who's this?" She asked. Rue smiled. "My friend Elijah," She said. Her mom looked surprised. "Really?" She asked. She looked at Elijah. "We never thought she'd....I mean, with..." She pointed at her cheek, then shook her head.

"Hungry?" She asked, but Rue was already dragging Elijah out of the kitchen.
~!!~
K.C. finally pulled away, glancing up at him. She stood up, offering her his hand . "We should go inside now," She said quietly. She smiled slightly, pulling him to his feet. The rain was coming down harder now, and it was turning into a storm.
~!!~
Daniel was upstairs now, and Sage took his hand, pulling herself to her feet. "On special occasions," she said. She frowned, glancing behind her before looking back at him. "What did you say to make him so angry?" She asked quietly.
~!!~
Draven only held her wrist tighter. If her words got through to him, he didn't show it. "Michi!" He shouted, moving his hand from her wrist to her shoulders, gripping them tightly. "Michi, I know you're there. I know you can hear me. Please, come back!" He looked almost desperate, a strange sight.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 pm

"LET ME GO!" Ollie cried as she yanked on her wrist. "I won't let her-" suddenly she fell silent and stilled. Her eyes widened and seemed to brightened. "Desperation doesn't suit you, Draven." Michi said softly as she looked down at her wrist. She leaned forward and kissed the tip of Draven's nose. "Don't let me go." she whispered as she lifted her hand, Draven's hand still wrapped around it.

~!!~
Andrew sighed. "Do you really think I had to say anything to make him hate me?" he asked. He kissed her cheek. "Look I am sorry we are in this mess. If I never left Dale KC would of have never dragged you here." he whispered as he stepped back.

~!!~
Xavier took her hand and kissed her finger tips as he led her inside. He pulled her up stairs and into his room. "Do you think I will let you out of my sight when I finally got you to admit that you love me?" he asked as he stepped into his bathroom and returned with two towels. He stepped one on her head and then began to dry his own hair.

~!!~
Elijah blinked in surprise. He said nothing about her first comments. He was about to say no to her question when Rue pulled him out. "Well, she seems polite." he said.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

"Oh, she is," Rue said, but it was impossible to tell if she was being sarcastic or not. "Just wait 'till you meet my----" she was cut off as he walked out of his room, his hair disheveled, eyes tired. He looked just like her mom in that way.

"Oh, Rue---" He began, then cut himself off when he saw Elijah. "Oh, hello," He said, rubbing his tired eyes and trying to focus on him. "Who are you?" He was purposely trying not to look at Rue, keeping his eyes anywhere but on her, though she looked straight at him.
~!!~
K.C. smirked slightly and dried her own hair, though it didn't do much good since it was so long. She sighed, her hands falling back to her side, still holding the towel in one. "Thanks," She said quietly.
~!!~
Sage shook her head. "No. It's my fault, remember?" She said. "I told...I told you to go," she said quietly. "I was stupid; I was...." She hesitated. "Scared," she finally said. "I'm sorry. I'll think of a way out of this, I promise," She said quietly.
~!!~
Draven wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Michi," He said quietly. "Michi, please don't do that to me again," He whispered. He didn't seem to care that David was still there; it was as if he had forgotten about him completely. "Please."
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Elijah frowned deeply when he saw how he wouldn't even look at his daughter. "Elijah, Elijah Buckingham." he answered in a monotone. He titled his head and looked at him with a frown. "I am a friend of Rue's." he said.

~!!~
Xavier dropped the towel on the floor and walked over to his bed and sat down. He smirked at her. "What is your whole name KC?" he asked. "Is KC short for something?" he asked, leaning back.

~!!~
"And the mean time I'll try to look like a good father-to-be." he said with a frown. He sighed. "Your brothers are going to kill me." he mumbled.

~!!~
Michi leaned against his chest. "It wasn't me." she whispered over and over again. "I' sorry." she whispered. Then she pulled away and slipped out of his arms. She picked up David and walked over to the door. She unlocked it and set him gently outside and closed it and locked again. She turned around and smiled weakly at him.

"Daddy?" David called knocking on the door.

"Daddy?" Michi repeated.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:13 pm

"Ah, really?" her father asked, smiling. "That's great, just wonderful," He said, sounding flustered. He glanced down at the floor, then smiled again. "Well, I'll leave you two, now," He said, pushing past Rue, careful not to look at her. She had a frown on her face, and she actually looked ticked off. She spun around and watched him until he disappeared into the kitchen, and then she grabbed Elijah's hand and dragged him up the stairs, silent.

She opened the door to her room and stepped in, closing the door behind her. The room was...strange. The walls were painted a bright orange, and the bedspread was black. The walls were covered in random clippings from magazines, and there were stuffed animals in her closet. It didn't have much pattern to it.

"Sorry about them," she said with a small sigh.
~!!~
K.C. frowned, sighing. "Kristy Cally," She mumbled. "I hate it, though," She said. She sat down next to him, leaning back and glancing up at the ceiling. "What's your full name?" She asked, glancing over at him, surrpised she hadn't thought to ask earlier.
~!!~
Sage couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her lips. "I'm not sure how well this will go," She mumbled. "They think I'm telling the truth, and to be honest...they probably feel bad for whatever they think is inside me," she said, folding her arms across her chest.
~!!~
Draven sighed, shaking his head and walking over to Michi, taking her hand again, as if afraid she would disappear. "I don't know why he calls me that," He said honestly.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Michi frowned as she leaned against him. "Maybe he see you as a father figure." she laughed slightly. "I'm sorry, but I am not sure if you would make a good father." she said softly.

~!!~
Andrew smiled slightly. "Because you are it's mother, or because I am it's father?" he asked as he kissed her forehead. "I'm not good with this stuff; how long before they can see that you aren't carrying?" he asked softly looking away. "I think it might just be best to wait out that time."

~!!~
"It's a beautiful name." he said softly. "Suits you." he said as he sat up. He frowned when she asked about his name. "You'll laugh." he said with a frown. "Xavier Xander Xenobia." he anwsered.

~!!~
Elijah looked around. "Nice." he said and looked back at her. "Do you think your parents would mind if I take you away for a few hours? You wanted to meet mine, right?" he asked.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Rue nodded, sighing with relief. "Good idea," She said, opening her door again and poking her head out, glancing around. "I don't want to run into them," she said quickly, and then grabbed his hand again, dragging him back down the stairs. She paused near the kitchen door, placing her finger to her lips to signal for him to be quiet. She was about to hurry by when she heard yelling.

"I don't care!" Her mom screamed, and she heard her chair clatter to the floor. "You can't act like everything is fine! You can't even look our daugher in the face anymore, because of what you did! It's your fault my beautiful girl is gone, replaced by...by....that!" She screamed. Rue froze, letting go of his hand and pressing her back against the wall near the kitchen door. She heard another loud crash, and then the door opened. Her dad stood there, and his eyes fell on Rue. He quickly turned away and went down the hallway. Her mom stepped out after her, and looked at Rue. She was strangely silent now, probably wondering how much she'd heard.

Rue grabbed his hand again and ran to the front door, ignoring her calls, and ran outside.
~!!~
Sage sighed. "It depends on how long ago they think I found out," She said quietly, frowning. "We have at least a month, I know that. Hopefully I can figure something out before then."
~!!~
K.C. shook her head. "I won't laugh," she protested, but as he spoke the corners of her lips turned up slightly, and she was unable to surpress her small laugh. "I think it's nice," She said finally, still smiling.
~!!~
Draven wrapped his arms around her, frowning slightly. "Really," he said quietly. "I agree with you," he said quietly. "that's why I don't want him to call me that. He shouldn't see me that way; I don't understand why he does."
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Michi sat in Draven's lap, her head pressed against his chest. She held one of his hands in hers. Her eyes were closed, but she wasn't asleep. She couldn't sleep. Every-time she tried Ollie found away out. She was so wore out. The weaker she got the stronger Ollie seemed to be. But she wouldn't let her win, not as long as Draven still wanted her.

She picked up his hand and press her lips to his fingers and then placed his hand on her cheek. She covered it with her own hand to keep it there. "I love you." she whispered. "But why do you still want me?" she asked. "Need me?" she said, repeating what he had said the other day. "I'm no longer strong, I'm weak. I am no longer brave. I'm scared. I'm scared of loosing you, I'm scared of loosing myself." she cried. "And look, I'm not even proud enough to keep this from you." But she knew if he was anyone else she wouldn't have told him that.

~!!~
Sergei looked down at his watch. It was almost time for teh wedding. No doubt that Ember was already getting dressed in her wedding dress. She wouldn't think it werid that she hadn't seen Dimitri because of the whole 'can't see you before the wedding' thing.

"Sergei." Dimitri said. Sergei looked over at his brother. He was so pale. Sergei knew he was dieing. Today was his last day, his wedding day was his death day. This put a whole new meaning in 'dead man walking'.

"Yeah?" he asked softly. He wanted t apolize for all he has done to him, inviting his ex, yelling at him. Basically ruining his life, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. But if he could give him anything, he would.

"I want to see Ember. Please." Dimitri whispered. He looked so sad. His hat, the one he wore everywhere was gone reealing his bald head, showing the full effect of the cancer.

Sergei stood up. "I'll go get her for you." he whispered and turned and left. A little bit later he was standing in front of Ember's door. He knew what he looked like. His hair was a mess, and he looked like he gotten any sleep last night. He was even wearing the same clothes as the day before. He knocked quickly .

~!!~
The ground felt as if fell out from under her feet. Cinder stood in the doorway looking parnets. "Mom? Dad?" she called, crying slightly. "You're back?" she cried, stepping forward.

Jona stepped forwad as well and took her daughters hand. "I'm sorry." she whispered softly. That was when the gun went off, spraying Cinder in her mother's blood. Her eyes widened as she fell to the ground, her mother on top of her. A sob bulit up in her thoart as she wiggled out from under her.

Espen smirked and dropped the gun. "Useless." he said. "You, her, and Eric." he said as Conder grabbed the gun and pointed it at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks as his smirk grew wider. "Shoot, I dare you."

~!!~
There was a loud crash as Elijah fell out of his bed. He sat up slowly, looking around his room. He had refused to take Rue to meet his parents the other day. After her fater had left he had turned to her and said 'You lied to me. It wasn't an accident.' And then he had lefted, slamming the door behind him. He knew he wasn't being fair, but he had told her that his sister had killed herself, but she couldn't trust himself enough to tell him that her father liked to set her on fire?

He shook his head. He wanted to go back to her, he wanted to see her smile again, but he didn't want to be lied to. He finally stood up and got dressed. Moments later he was walking down stairs and tripped over some of his sisters toys. "Eli? Ellie? Elijah?" his mom called. He sighed, she always used all his nicknames.

"Yes, mom?" he called as he stepped into the kicthen. He glanced at the clock. It was afternoon. He had slept for a while.

"Are you going somewhere?" she asked. He nodded. "Okay, on your way home can you pick up some butter, milk, and eggs?" she asked

He nodded slowly and looked around. "Where's dad?" he asked. She shook her head and looked away, trying to hide the tears. "He left again, didn't he?" he asked. His mother nodded slowly. He shook his head and slammed the front door behind him.

Alittle while later he was sitting in the park in Dale. He was sure why he drove all the way here. Maybe he was hoping to see Rue.

~!!~
Jane frowned. She missed Sam. She still loved him, but she was his sister, and so this was for the best. But it still hurt to think that he thought she lied about what thier- his father said. It hurt for him to blame her. It hurt, period. She hated living like this. Even if she couldn't kiss him, hold him, she still wanted to see him.

She wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her head on her knees. She never did get an answer. She had ask her- Sam's father why they gave her up, what she had done to them to make them want to give her up. She still wanted an answer. But she would never get one, not unless one of them came back from the dead, ghost or not. She doubted that would happen. If they did they would spend all their time around Sam. Sam was their baby, the one they wanted to keep. She felt an odd jealously then. Why was he kept? She knew it was wrong, she never even knew who her mom and dad was before this year, so why was she upset that they didn't keep her?
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Ember looked at herself in the mirror, taking a deep breathe to calm her nerves. She was already dressed in her wedding dress, and Jasmine was standing behind her, a huge grin on her face. The dress used to be her mother’s; it was very simple, but she liked it. It had simple straps for sleeves and was made of smooth satin. Jasmine smoothed it out for what seemed like the hundredth time, fixing a few strands of Ember’s hair that, for once, was pulled up and out of her face.

Jasmine seemed to be having the most fun. As much as she tried, she couldn’t stop thinking about how sick he was. She knew she should be focusing on today, not far in the future, but the fear was still there. Jasmine pulled her down onto the bed carefully and rummaged through her closet, looking for makeup, when she heard the knock on the door. She hurried past her friend and downstairs, almost tripping once. Her mother and relatives had gone out to make last minute arrangements. She opened the door, and blinked in surprise when she saw Sergei. Immediately she felt as though something were wrong.

“What’s going on?” She asked slowly. “Is everything okay?” Already her hair was falling down again, but she didn’t seem to notice.
~!!~
Rue was sitting on the swings, pushing herself back and forth slowly. She was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, no longer caring who saw her arms or her face. It didn’t seem to matter anymore. She wondered if it ever had. Both arms were covered in scars that made her skin almost unrecognizable, though not nearly as bad as her face. She ignored those there around her and closed her eyes, pushing herself higher. She tilted her head back, feeling the wind blow her black hair out of her eyes.

She wondered if Elijah was angry at her still. She knew she should have told him, but it wasn’t something she had ever been comfortable with. Besides, what if he had thought to call the cops? She didn’t want to lose her father, no matter what he had done. She pushed herself higher and then jumped, landing in the sand and falling onto her back. She spread her arms out and stared up at the clouds, listening to the laughter of the children playing around her. It made her think of her sister.
~!!~
Anya needed to leave. She knew how much she was hurting Milo by staying here. She didn’t want to hurt him; she wanted him to be happy. She wanted him to be with someone who could let him hold them, let him kiss them, anything. She didn’t know if he’d find someone, but she knew she wasn’t right to stay here. She was only burdening him, keeping a weight on his shoulders that could so easily be lifted.

She opened the door that connected their rooms slowly, holding her breathe as she peered inside. He was asleep. She closed her eyes, pushing the door closed behind her. She looked at his sleeping form, and quickly turned her face away. She loved him so much, but she was broken, damanaged goods. She knew that, and she also knew that no matter what he told her, he wouldn’t want her here forever. She didn’t know if she’d ever truly heal from what Joel had done to her.

She took a few steps to the door, trying to stay as quiet as possible. As soon as she was out that door, he was free. A thought made her freeze. Joel would surely find her. Her hands shook above the doorknob. But Milo would be okay...Joel would only break her more. She bit her lip, trying to steel herself to be stronger. She was doing this for Milo. She wouldn’t be a burden any longer.
~!!~
Samantha no longer knew her own future. For some reason, the thought frightened her. Before it had seemed like such a burden, but now it almost scared her not to know. Was Luke going to die? Had he already? Would she eve know if he had? She hadn’t gone back to the hospital, and instead had been under her family’s watchful eyes. She wasn’t even allowed out of her room, except for dinner. And that was where she was now.

She sat back on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, her mind racing. She wondered if Drew was still here, and if so, where. She closed her eyes tightly, clutching her pillow tightly to her chest.
~!!~
Draven held her close, his hand over hers. He kissed the top of her head as she spoke, shaking his head. “You have reason to be scared,” He whispered. “Michi, I love you. I love everything about you, and I do need you. I never knew I could need someone this much, but I do.” He was silent then, content just to hold her close. He knew Ollie would fight to get out, and he kissed her head again. “You are strong,” He said quietly. “I know how hard this is for you, but you’re doing it.”
~!!~
Seth was in the woods near Cinder’s house, when he heard the gunshot. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him towards the house. He had been nearby ever since he’d left, unable to truly leave her. He didn’t know why it was so hard.

He came to a dead halt when he saw Cinder pointing the gun at Espen and, without thinking, turned himself visible. “Cinder,” He said quietly. “Cinder, please don’t.” Why was he saying that? Wouldn’t this be better?

Haven ran downstairs when she heard the gunshot, and her eyes widened when she saw Jona laying there. A sob built up in her throat but she pushed it down, looking from Cinder to Seth to Espen, silent. She knew she should try to stop Cinder. She knew this was wrong. But as it was all she could do was lean down next to Jona’s dead body, and look on. She wanted him dead. She didn’t care that she was now covered in Jona’s blood. She stared at Seth, who was trying to stop it, then back at Espen, her eyes filled with hatred for him.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Sergei looked down at her, then he looked away. "No." he said sadly. "Come on, don't even bother changing." he said as he gestured to his car that was still running. "You look beautiful, by the way. He'll go with a smile." he whispered and shook his head. He whipped something from his eyes, surprised to see a tear. That only made more tears stream down his eyes. "Come on." he said as he walked briskly to the car. He didn't even open the car door for her, not like Dimitri did. His hands gripped the wheel tightly as he waited for her to get in.

~!!~
Elijah looked up after a few moments of staring at his hands. His father had left again, bot the first or second time he had done so. Maybe this time he would never come back. Maybe that was why he couldn't call the cops on father. She would loose him just as he had lost his own so many times before. He scanned the park and saw Rue laying in the grass looking at the clouds. He didn't know why, but he stood up and walked over to her.

He slowly sat down next to her. He wanted to yell at her, demand why she didn't tell him the truth. "When I was little Gabby would take me to the park and we would lay in the grass together bickering back and forth about what a could looked like." he said instead. There was a sadness in his voice as he lifted his head to the sky.

~!!~
Milo had been asleep until a soft noise had woken him up. Everything seemed to wake him up lately. Every sound could be Joel, he loved her too much for him to let Joel touch her again. He sat up and looked at Anya, who looked like she wanted to leave. "Where are you going?" he asked, his voice coming out harsher then he meant it to be.

~!!~
Michi listened in silence. She looked down and with every kiss on her head she felt another tear fall. She could feel them on her fingertips, no doubt he could too. She shook her head slightly. "But this is all going to hurt you in the end." she whispered. "For now. I am only doing it for now, Draven, I don't know how longer I can last."

~!!~
Cinder only glanced at Seth and Haven. Her hands shook as she pointed the gun at her smirking father. The gun went off. And Espen stumbled back. He had a hand on his shoulder and his smirk was gone. The gun fell out of her hands as she realized that she had missed.

She fell to the ground as well, sobbing as Espen wondered off somewhere, leaving a trail of blood be hind.

Cinder sobbed loudly in to her hands. She couldn't bare to look at her mother's body.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Ember didn't move, even as she watched him get into the car. She felt as though the world had fallen out from underneath her, leaving her nothing to hang onto. 'He'll go with a smile.' Her heart beat faster against her chest as she realized what he meant. Her eyes were dry, always dry, as she turned back to the house to see Jasmine standing there. "Go,"She said quietly. Ember nodded and made her way to the car, getting in the front seat in silence. She closed the door behind her, not even bothering to put on her seat belt. She stared forward in silence, as if she hadn't yet understood what was happening.
~!!~
Rue glanced over as she heard his voice, blinking in surprise. He wasn't yelling at her; that was one good thing. She smiled slightly at his words, looking back up at the clouds. "I think it all depends on perspective," she said simply, then pushed herself up to a sitting position, glancing over at him. "Elijah, I'm sorry," she said quietly. "You know, I had a friend back home. His name was Ian. I knew him for a year, and I never told him," she said quietly. "I sometimes wonder if I ever would have. It's not something I like to talk about, and that was before..." she frowned, gesturing towards her face. "But I really wanted you to trust me. You trusted me with your sister, after all, and I could tell that was hard. I'm sorry. I was just...scared," She said quietly.
~!!~
Anya jumped as she heard his voice and spun around, her eyes wide and frantic, frightened. "I---I was just---" She stammered, then shook her head. "Milo, I have to go," she whispered instead, folding her hands together behind her back to stop their shaking. "I can't stay here any longer. I'm hurting you. I can't stay," she said quietly, shaking her head.
~!!~
Draven gripped her hands tighter as he felt the tears, shaking his head. "I don't care if it hurts me in the end. You're here now, Michi, and that's all that matters. And I'll never let you go. I'll never give up on you, even if you give up on yourself. I promise."
~!!~
Seth's eyes widened and he ran over to Cinder, not thinking about how much more his being here could do to him. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, whispering soothing words in her ears.

Haven stood up, her bloodied hands clenched into tight fists at her sides. She looked at the trail Espen had left and hurried outside before she could even think it through. She ran as fast as she could, following the trail until he came into her sight. "ESPEN!" she shouted, her voice filled with anger. She still had Jona's blood on her.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Diz Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Amelia was in her room reading a book while Justin was sleeping up against her side.

~~~~
Monique was laying on her bed shooting her arrows at the door out of boredom.

~~~~~

Lia was sitting on the couch drawing a random picture.

~~~~

Johnathan was walking through the forest, he held up a piece of paper and read what the vampire, who told him about the Nightingale Manor, had written about where it was. he looked back up and adjusted his hood to cover his face better, and walked up to the Manor and knocked.
Diz
Diz

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:54 am

Sergei didn't look at her. He just hit the gas pedal and speed down the street. He said nothing as he pulled into the parking lock. He turned off the car, then he banged his head against the steering wheel. "Just go in and ask for Dimitri's room. Tell them that you are his bride. They'll believe you." he said softly. "I can't go in. I can't watch him die. I won't be there when he leaves us behind." he said, sounding stubborn. He didn't look up, but his soft sobs could be heard.

~!!~
Elijah sighed softly and looked at her from the corner of his eyes. "You were scared of loosing your father." he said. "I'm sorry, I should of have understood. You thought about calling the cops." he admitted. "But I couldn't. I tried, but I couldn't." his voice was soft. He closed his dark green eyes. "I wanted to, he shouldn't of have done that to you. But then I would be no better then my own father." he laughed nervously. "My father denies a father to his kids, he keeps leaving us." His hands were in fists. "He's gone a again." he whispered. "I would be no better then him if I took your father from you, would I?" His voice was breaking.

~!!~
Milo slipped off the bed. He had made sure to sleep with a shirt on lately. He walked over to her and frowned. "No, Joel will find you." he said when he was in front of her. He wrapped his arms around her. "And I promised that I would protect you." he reminded her as he held her close.

~!!~
Michi closed eyes, trying to stop the tears. Her hands tightened around his fingers. She twisted around so she could look at him in the face. Her green eyes were sad, so sad. She bit her lip until blood ran down her chin. "Draven." she whispered. She let out a weak laugh before she went on. "I feel so stupid." Her voice weak. "I should of have known that you would always be there. Always will be." She tried to smile but it didn't come out right. "I should of have always believed that. I'm sorry." she said. She left out the fact that she had already given up on herself. In fact, if it wasn't for Draven she would not of have been here. She was only here because Draven needed her. She needed Draven... She felt so broken.

~!!~
Cinder twisted in his arms so she could wrap her own arms around him. She had never forgotten how his arms felt around her. Sometimes she dreamt of him; and he would be holding her, like now, and whispering smoothing words to her, like now, except in the dreams there was no reason too. But now there was. Her mother was dead at her side and she had almost killed her father, who just happened to be her mother's killer.

"Seth." she cried into his chest. "Seth, Seth, Seth." she kept crying, as if it was the only word she knew. "She's dead." she whispered, finally something else. "You left me, but you're back. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I lied, I lied. I didn't want you to leave, I love you." she cried. "She's dead." she repeated. "Seth, Seth." now it was back to his name, over and over until she finally fell silent.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Ember nodded numbly and flinched as she heard his sobs. She hesitated with one hand on the doorknob, then opened it and walked outside. She willed herself not to think about where she was going and why as she made her way to the nurse’s station, ignoring the stares she got, no doubt from her dress. She just nodded and walked to the room they had directed her to, only pausing when she stood outside the door. It was really happening. He was really dying. Sergei’s cries had said it all. She opened the door and walked inside.

She suddenly wished she looked better. Her hair was falling down from where it was pinned up and her cheeks were no doubt flushed. She closed her eyes tightly as she saw him on the bed, and she hesitated before walking in closer, her heart beating almost painfully against her chest.

“Hey,” she said softly, knowing he could hear the tears in her voice, the tears she couldn’t shed.
~!!~
Vivian wanted to get out. She was sick of her mom yelling at her for things that didn’t even deserve scolding. She wanted to find Sergei; she wanted to talk to him, to stay with him. Strangely, she only felt comfortable around him now. She was sitting on her front porch steps, taking refuge from yet another argument. She couldn’t even remember what it was about now.
~!!~
Rue shook her head quickly, and reached out and placed hand on his shoulder without thinking it through. She didn’t let go, though.

“You’re right that I don’t want him to be taken away,” She said softly. “But the fact that you wanted to help me only shows that you care, doesn’t it? And I don’t think you could ever be like your father,” she said quietly. “I’m sorry that happened to you. We all have our crosses to bear, but I think it makes it easier if someone else takes some of the weight.” She stood up and pulled him to his feet. She smiled slightly at him.
~!!~
Anya’s eyes widened, and her entire body froze. She was trembling as he held her close, and she closed her eyes tightly, a small whimper escaping her lips. She didn’t want to be scared; but all she could think of now was Joel..

He wanted to protect her. She didn’t understand. Fear made her legs lock in place, but tears streamed down her cheeks. She was terrified; she was shaking badly in his arms, and she couldn’t stop. She wanted to move away, to run, but her legs wouldn’t listen to her. It was as if they belonged to someone else entirely.
~!!~
Draven wiped the blood off of her chin with his thumb, his face impassive. He shook his head again, letting out a small sigh. He held her closer. “Michi, there’s nothing for you to apologize for,” He said quietly. His grip on her tightened slightly. “When I watched---“ He cut himself off, letting out a breathe. “When I watched you die, I felt as though part of me went missing. And now…now I finally have you back.”
~!!~
Seth’s eyes widened slightly, but he just held her closer. “It’s okay, Cinder,” He said softly. “It’s okay. I know, I know. I’m sorry, too,” He said quietly, smoothing her hair with his hand. “Cinder, I’m here now,” He said quietly, feeling unexplainable guilt over leaving in the first place. He hadn’t helped her by leaving, had he? He’d only hurt her more. He decided then; he wouldn’t leave her again.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Dimitri was staring down at his hands when she walked in. He smiled slightly as he looked her up and down. Even with her hair falling out of place she looked beautiful. He looked at her face as she stepped closer, tears shining in his eyes. "You look beautiful." he whispered softly as he opened his arms for her. He wanted to hold her one last time, no, he didn't want one last time. He wanted to be able to hug her when ever she wanted to, when ever he needed to. But now he couldn't, he was dieing. He was leaving her behind on the day that they were are going to get married. The day they should of have promised forever he was living. It was ironic in a way. But he still felt no regret for asking her to marry him, for leaving her like this, yes, but not for trying to make her his wife. He pulled her close to him and held her there. It was as if he was trying to make up for all the times he wouldn't be able to. But he knew he couldn't.

"I love you." he whispered. "Please remember that." he said as he pulled back. He remembered the tears he heard in her voice and saw how dry her eyes were, how dry they would always be. He fingers touched his own tears and pulled away gentle. He held them on the tips of his fingers and dropped them onto Ember's face. He watched as dropped through her eye lashes and ran down her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I know this wasn't the wedding day you were expecting, I wish I could of have made it everything you hoped for." his eyes went distant. "I had it all planed out, but knowing you would of have ruined it all. And I was hoping that you would." he sighed and closed his blue eyes. "He is a lucky man, who ever he is, the man you will marry one day. I shouldn't of have known better then to think that I would be able to have someone like you to take care of, to take of me. To love, to marry, to hold."

~!!~
Sergei had drove off as soon as she was outta sight. At first he had no idea where he was going. His vision was blurred as he cried enough tears for him and Ember, plus some. He fiddled with the radio, trying to get his mind off of what was happening. It didn't work, one of Dimitri's CDs was in there. In anger he tossed the CD out the window, and regretted it. He let out a soft side as he rode and silence and his tears dried up.

Soon he pulled up in front of Vivian's house. He quickly turned off the car, but he didn't get out just yet. His hands held the steering wheel tighter until his fists turned white. After a moment or so he stepped out and looked at her. He hid his shaking hands behind his back as he walked over to her. He stopped a few feet away from her. His tears were gone but his eyes were red.

He frowned as he looked at her. "Another fight with your mom?" he asked softly.

~!!~
Elijah said nothing. He wasn't going to say anything either. But then she pulled him to his feet. He looked down at her and quickly pulled his hands free from her. He looked at her arms. "Where else?" he asked softly. "Where else did he hurt you?" He pushed her hair out of her face. "WHERE?" he cried, he looked a bit helpless. He sighed and dropped his hand. he shook his head. "But how can I help you carry yours when I am falling under mine?" he asked softly closing his eyes.

~!!~
Milo felt her trembling and he pulled back. He frowned. "I'm not Joel." he whispered sadly. He took her hand and led her back to her room. "Stay." he said. "I'll protect you." he said. "I won't let you go." he said softly as he led her to the bed. "It's fine. Please just stay here." he said as he let her go and stepped away. He looked down sadly. "I'll get you to trust me again one day. I promise." he said as he turned to leave. He paused in the doorway and looked over at her.

~!!~
Michi fell silent and looked away as he spoke. "But that was my fault as well." she said softly. "I thought I could do it. I thought I could beat my brother at something. I was so sure with you beside me. But all I ended up doing was... Taking a part of you away." she said as she pulled one of her hands away and touching his cheek. "Why do you not blame me?" she asked quietly.

~!!~
Cinder pulled away slowly and looked up at him. "I wanted to kill him. I would of have, too, if I didn't have terrible aim. If my hands weren't shaking." she whispered. "I want him dead." she said as she looked away. "I will kill him one day." she declared.

~!!~
Espen spun around. He was frowning deeply. "What do you want little girl?" he asked. "If you can magically heal me I don't want anything from you." he spat.

~!!~
Sean opened the door a free moments later. He blinked at the strange man standing in front of him. "Who are you?" he asked as if he couldn't care less.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diz Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Johnathan put the sheet of paper back in his pocket. "My name is Johnathan, is there a woman by the name of Amelia here by any chance?", he asked hopeing that she was here.

~~~~

Lia looked up from her notebook and looked at the man at the door, she thought his name sounded familiar, like she had heard it somewhere, but ignored it. She closed her notebook but didn't get up.
Diz
Diz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Ember was trying not to say anything as he pulled her close; all she could think of was that she would never be able to be this close to him again, never be able to hear his voice again. She looked up as she felt a sudden wetness on her cheek, and she bit her lip to keep from crying out as she felt his tear slide down her cheek. She shook her head quickly at his words, finally finding her voice.

“The only man I’ll ever want is you,” She said quietly, surprised by the truth of her own words. Once he was gone, she didn’t want anyone else. She never would. “Dimitri, please don’t go,” she whispered, and for once she wasn’t afraid that he could see right through her, see the vulnerable side of her. Her hands were shaking as she took his in her own.
~!!~
Vivian looked up as she heard a car pulling up, and stumbled to her feet when she saw Sergei. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw how red his eyes were, and she frowned slightly, just nodding at his words. “Yes, just another fight,” She said softly. She took a step forward, hesitating before placing her hand on his cheek. “Sergei, what’s wrong? What happened? Why were you crying?” She asked softly.
~!!~
Rue flinched, folding her hands behind her back. “Nowhere else,” She said quietly. She looked at him, shaking her head. “No. I’m your friend, aren’t I? I can help you carry yours,” She said quietly. She took his hand again, biting her lip and smiling slightly at him. “It’ll be okay,” she said quietly. “Everything will. It always is in the end.”
~!!~
When he finally pulled away, she was still shaking. Anya looked at him standing by the door and managed a small, barely perceptible nod of her head. But she knew that his words were empty if she couldn’t bring herself to trust him, to look at him, to get anywhere near him. And she couldn’t. She wasn’t being rational, but she didn’t care. She couldn’t help it.
~!!~
”I don’t,” Draven said quietly, placing his hand over hers on his cheek. “I don’t blame you because it’s not your fault,” He said. “Michi, if anyone’s, it’s my fault. I should have thought it through more; I shouldn’t have let either of us go. But I let anger blind me. I wasn’t thinking.”
~!!~
Seth shook his head, wrapping his arms around her again. “Don’t say things like that,” He said quietly. “Please. You don’t mean it,” He said, though his voice was almost pleading. He didn’t want her to mean it. He was afraid for her; he knew she was slipping away, and this could be the push she needed to go over the edge.
~!!~
Haven stopped walking, glaring at him. “Why?” She demanded. “Why did you do that?!” She shouted, taking a step forward, her hands clenched into tight fists at her sides. “Give me one good reason,” She spat. “Didn’t she mean a thing to you?! She was your wife, for crying out loud!”
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Dimitri looked away and pulled her down into his arms. "You say that now." he said. "But one day you will find a better man. I am only one in many. I'm not even the best. You will love him more, just wait and see." he frowned. "I hate him." he said suddenly as he kissed the top of her head. "I love you, but I will faded in time." he said as he pulled away. "Even if you forget just how much I loved you,please always remember that I did love you." he said sadly as another tear fell and he whipped away the one he had placed on her cheek. "In away, you will always be my bride." he said softly.

~!!~
Sergei covered her hand with his. He shook his head as he leaned down and kissed her softly. He pulled back quickly. He pulled her hand off his cheek and kissed her finger tips. He looked away when more tears came. "Dimitri is dieing, if not already dead." he whispered and looked back at her. Sudden;y wrapped his arms around her.He laid his head on her shoulder. "I shouldn't be here, but I want to be. I want to hold you right now."

~!!~
Elijah looked away. "But I don't want you to carry mine, you have one heavy enough of your own." he closed his eyes. "I'll carry you, if you'll carry me." he whispered. Suddenly he had her off the ground. "Of course, only figuratively on the last part." he said trying to lighten the mood. "Do you still want to meet my mom?" he asked.

~!!~
Michi frowned. "But any sane person would-" she cut herself off when he said he wasn't thinking. "That's the thing Draven. You can't think. You don't have capability." she said, her voice monotone, not revealing whether she was teasing or not. She was. She was trying to make things better. She needed things better. She was tired of crying on him. She just wanted him to hold her.
~!!~
"But I do!" Cinder cried. "I want him dead! Look at what he did to my mother. He kidnapped Ash once, and how do we know that he wasn't behind the wheel of the car that hit him!?" she cried. "I do mean it! I will kill him." she cried, her cheeks were red.

~!!~
"That is my reason. I did it because she was my wife." Espen said, stepping forward. "She was a gifted. If I didn't do it, someone else would of have. It would of have been more painful, and they wouldn't of have let her seen her daughter first!" he shouted. "I did her a favor!"

~!!~
Sena frowned. "Why would I know who lives here? I don't care who lives here." he said as he stepped out of the way for him to step in, you go find out yourself." he mumbled. "Sean, by the way."
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next