The City of The Dead.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess

3 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Chess - Page 38 Empty Re: Chess

Post by Dial-Up Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Leanne laughed lightly. She found her gaze locked on him for a moment; she hadn't thought about it much, how much older than her he was. Not that it really mattered; it was just sort of a strange thought for her.

She looked up at the theatre, thinking about all the times she'd come to one with her friends.
~!!~
Haven sighed and slowly made her way to her next class.
~!!~
Samantha shrugged. "What can you do?" She threw her question back at her, not to be mean, but to be realistic. "The more people the better, right? I mean, I may not be....like you," she finally said. "But I'm not totally useless, either."
~!!~
Damian frowned and stepped back. Suddenly he smirked. "You'd better put that away, sweetheart. You could poke an eye out with that."
~!!~
Sage shook her head slowly. "No," She mumbled. "No." She looked up at him, glaring slightly. She didn't know what prompted her next actions, but she ran forward and wrapped her arms around him tightly.
~!!~
Rainy shook her head, then nodded slowly. "You--You're---" She didn't need to say it. "All of you.." She whispered. "Wh---what I saw in Leanne...it's in you too," She sounded torn, like she didn't want to say what she was. She wrapped her arms around herself tightly.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:49 pm

PAtrick got out and opened her door for her. "You know of a movie you want to see?" He asked.

~!!~
"You'll get hurt." She said. "It doesn't matter if I get hurt, as long as he is safe. But I will not risk you life." She said softly.

~!!~
Lacey ran her fingers over the blade, it had been a gift from her late father. Curved in the blade was her intials; A.L.O. "Hope to do more then that." She said, with some kind of soft, insane laugh.

~!!~
Andrew was surpised, butdid not complain. He hugged her back.

~!!~
Darren sighed. "Leanne is young, and it still learning. I am centruies old, I no longer have the same expersinces as her. I can control myself better, and the taste of human blood repluse me. You have no need to fear me." He reasoned.
Denis
Denis
Admin

https://deadtown.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Samantha glared at her. "It's my life, and I'll risk it on my own if I want to." Any sense of self-preservation she'd had lately had gone out the window. It was as if she were punishing herself for her deeds, and that was exactly what she was doing.
~!!~
Leanne shook her head and stepped out quickly. "You pick," She said, smiling at him.
~!!~
Damian blinked in surprise at her laugh, then his grin, somewhat insane, spread across his face again. "As much as I'd love to stick around," He said, taking a step back. "I think that's my cue."
~!!~
Sage hated herself like this. Letting true emotion show through for once, letting herself be totally vulnerable to another person. It was a foregin feeling to her, one she did not understand. She didn't want to, even as her tears stained his shirt.
~!!~
Rainy shook her head slowly, fear making her blood run cold. "How do I know?" She asked quietly. "That you won't d--do what she did," She said quietly. It was as if his words had gone in one ear and out the other. "I nev--never expected her to do it either, and then she ju--just---" She cut herself off, shaking her head back and forth slowly.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:36 am

Cinder looked up at her as the second bell rang. "Why do you want to help? Why do you care?" She qustioned.

~!!~
Patrick laughed lightly. "Too bead for you, I won't pick any chick flicks." He teased, walking towards the ticket booth, instead he bought tickets to a comedy, thinking she needed a laugh.

~!!~
"No!" Lacey yelled, as darkness appeared below his feet, and chains shot out of the darkness, binding him. "You will ntil not leave I have your heart in the plam of my hand, and then it would oly be as ashes in the wind."

~!!~
Andrew storked her short orange hair. He whisbering claming things to her in another language.

~!!~
Darren shook his head. "It's a matter of trust." He said.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:24 am

Samantha shrugged. "Do you want my help or not?" She asked finally. She knew why she was helping, but she wouldn't tell her. Ash reminded her so much of John, in the way he looked. She couldn't save John, but if Ash was in trouble, she would help him. She had to.
~!!~
Leanne smiled as she saw what tickets he had bought, and slipped her hand into his. She had never imagined she'd be here, doing something so....normal, as a vampire. It was refreshing.
~!!~
Damian sighed, and he looked more annoyed than anything else. "Well, doesn't this seem familiar?" He asked, as his hair fell over his face.
~!!~
Sage squeezed her eyes shut tightly, shaking her head. She pulled back a few moments later, her eyes red and makeup smeared. She laughed a small, shaky laugh.

"I never would have imagined," She said. "That this is where I'd be one day. Hugging a vampire." She was teasing him lightly, but the effect was ruined by her tears.
~!!~
Rainy shook her head over and over again, tears spilling down her cheeks. "I did trust Leanne!" She cried. "I trusted her more than anyone else! And then she---she---The look in her eyes when she tried to--to---" She couldn't finish.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:33 am

"I-" Cinder began. "Yes." SHe said quietly. "Yes. Yes." She kept repeating.

~!!~
Patrick grabbed her hand, and led her inside. A smile crossed his lips. He stepped in side the theare that the ticket dirceted. "You know I remember when they were showing silent movies here." He said.

~!!~
Lacey threw the dagger at him, it hit him in the shoulder. "Shut Up!" She yelled.

~!!~
Darren sighed. "So she losted your trust, just because she is a young vampire? Do you know how hard it is for young vampires to control their blood lust? What makes you think she isn't in just as much pain? Do you know how it feels to almost take your best friends life? Well, I'll tell you this, I know how it feels to kill one of my best friends. I know how scared I was for days. Do you think she isn't scared?"

~!!~
Andrew fronwed, and wipped som of her tears away. "Sage..." He said softly.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 am

Samantha sighed and pulled something out of her pocket. She scribbled down a number on a piece of paper.

"When you go to help him....just call me, or something," She mumbled. "When you figure more out." She slipped the paper into her hand, and turned to leave as the next bell rang. "You'd better hurry. You'll be late," She said as an after-thought, and opened the door and left.
~!!~
Leanne smiled at him, and looked up at the screen, which was showing the previews. "You do?" She asked. "How long ago was that?" She asked curiously, quietly.
~!!~
Damian didn't even flinch as the blood ran down his chest, staining his white shirt red. "Ouch," He said simply. "You know, this was new," He added, gesturing to his shirt. "That wasn't very nice."
~!!~
Rainy flinched with each of his words, as if they were a slap to the face. A sudden sense of guilt weighed her down, and she felt horrible. Of course she hadn't thought of Leanne's feelings the past few days; she'd been terrified to leave her room. But now...

She looked up as Darren mentioned his own friend, and wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. "You...." She started, but didn't finish. She sniffled and let her hand fall back to her side.
~!!~
Sage offered him a small, weak smile. "You know, if it were anyone else, I'd have to kill them for seeing me like this," She said, another attempt at a joke. "But I hear that's hard to do, and sadly, I don't have my matches." She looked down, taking his hand in hers and pulling it away from her face silently.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:48 am

Cinder shoved it in her pocket, and stepped out if the bathroom, heading stright to her 2nd hour class, not even looking for Seth. She wanted to think.

~!!~
"90 years or so." Patrick said, sitting in an empty seat, and gestrured for her to sit next to him.

~!!~
Lacey glared at him. "No one said I was nice!" She shouted.

~!!~
"It was an accident." He said. "No one at blame." He touched her cheek.

~!!~
"A shame." Andrew said, weakly.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:53 am

"Wow," Leanne breathed, sitting down next to him. "I never really thought about it, but you're kind of old, huh?" She asked, glancing over at him. A small grin spread across her face.
~!!~
Seth was sitting in his next hour class, tapping his pencil on his desk nervously. He hadn't been able to find Cinder in between classes.
~!!~
"Apparently," Damian muttered. He sighed. "You know, this game of cat and mouse is getting old," he said. "Why don't you let me down, and we can settle this without the use of your magic, hm?" He asked.
~!!~
Rainy's eyes widened slightly at his touch, and she tried to stop the shaking in her hands. She was frightened, weather or not she wanted to be. Frightened he would hurt her. She closed her eyes tightly.
~!!~
Sage closed her eyes, and took a deep breathe. When she opened them the tears were gone, and she had her mask back up, the one that everything was okay. It was as if none of that had just happened.

"I should go now," She said quietly, releasing his hand silently.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am

Patrick gapped at her. "Well." He said. "I am over 300 years old." He said. "But then again, if you wnat to play that card, I can just say you are far to young for me." With a smile he slid over a seat.

~!!~
"How then?" She demaned.

~!!~
"It's okay to be scared, but how can you ever be brave, if you don't face your fears?" He asked.

~!~
Andrew took a step back. "Okay."
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Leanne laughed, and pretended to frown as he moved over a seat. The lights were dimmed, the movie's previews beginning. She slid over a seat, so she was still next to him.

"Well, I think you're just the right age for me," She said, and took his hand.
~!!~
"Let me down, and I'll show you," Damian said. He had gone tense all over, as if he were ready to spring at any moment.
~!!~
Sage looked like she wanted to say something else, but then shook her head.

"I'm going to kill him," She mumlbed, mostly to herself, before walking past Andrew and down the hallway.
~!!~
Rainy bit her lip, but quickly stopped when the salty taste of blood entered her mouth. She hoped it wasn't enough to attract any unwanted attention.

"You---you're right," She stammered finally.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Patrick laughed lightly and held her hand tightly. "I better be; I don't want you running off with an older man." He teased.

~!!~
Lacey walked up to him, and pulled the dagger free. "I'm not that stupid, if I realase you will not pause, and will strike."

~!!~
"Rainy, you are bleeding." He said, taking a step back, so she knew he would not hurt her.

~!!~
Luke was in english, drawing shapes on his paper.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Leanne laughed, and smiled over at him. She looked up as the movie started, the smile remaining on her face.
~!!~
Damian sighed. "Must you be so rough?" He asked. "You could be a bit gentler."
~!!~
Rainy's eyes widened and her hand flew to her mouth. She shook her head. "So---sorry," She stammered.
~!!~
Samantha sat down in english a few moments later, behind Luke. She was late. Again.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Patrick smiled as well. He kept an eye on her out of the corner of his eye. It was as if he was afraid she would just disappear.

~!!~
Anger flashed in her eyes. "Gentle, you want me to be gentle?" She spat.

~!!~
He shook his head. "It is nothing to apologize for."

~!!~
Luke glanced over his shoulder, but said nothing, as he pulled a book out, and began to read, no longer paying attention to the teacher's speech.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:07 pm

"Yes, actually," Damian said. "These bonds hurt my shoulders," He whined. "Is this how you treat all of the people you bind up?" he asked. "They can't like you much."
~!!~
Leanne had a smile on her face, though she was hardly even paying attention to the movie. She too kept looking over at Patrick, then back at the screen quickly before he could notice.
~!!~
"I want to understand," Rainy said softly. "I want to get it. I want to like vampires. I don't want to be scared," She whispered. "But my entire life, I was a scared little girl. I was the one who was terrified of the dark, who didn't even like to hear her own voice. And then I met Leanne, and she was obsessed with horror movies, and convinced me the monsters were real. I saw them everywhere. I was still scared of the dark when I was 16. I still am." She was looking at the ground now, the metallic taste of blood still in her mouth.
~!!~
Samantha sighed, partly out of boredom, and partly to annoy Luke. She took out a piece of paper and pretended to take notes, though she was only drawing little squiggly lines instead.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Lacey glared, at him and pulled the binds tighter. "Oh, everyone loves me." She said sarcastically. In truth, the vampire scum, as she called him, was right, no one liked her.

~!!~
Patrick closed his eyes, forcing himself to look away from his love.

~!!~
"Let me help you then." Darren said softly, lifting her chin.

~!!~
Michi opened her eyes again, and smiled at the still sleeping Draven. She reached out to touch his cheek, but pulled her hand back, not wanting to wake him. She was careful not to move, fearing that would either hurt him, or wake him.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 pm

"I don't," Damian felt inclined to point out, as the bonds tightened . He groaned. "This is growing tiresome," He said.
~!!~
Leanne smiled and looked back at the screen. She intertwined their fingers silently.
~!!~
Rainy looked up at him, eyes wide and cheeks turning a light pink. She didn't understand what he was doing, but with him this close to her, all other thoughts were pushed out of her head.
~!!~
Draven mumbled something in his sleep, and it sounded strangely like Michi's name.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 pm

"Then," Lacey said, stepping forward. "Shall I end it?" She asked, putting the blade to his heart.

~!!~
Patrick was smirking.

~!!~
Darren was frowning. "Let me prove to you, that not all vampires are bad." He said slowly. Carefully he pressed his lips to her's, gently as if he was afraid he would break her if he wasn't careful. He wasn't sure what drove him to do that. Before she was attacked by Leanne they had talked a lot. It seemed as if while he was trying to steal Leanne from Patrick, he fell for Rainy.

~!!~
Michi smiled slightly. "I'm right here." She whispered quietly, hoping that she didn't wake him.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Damian frowned. "You know, you're not very charming. I hope you don't expect to find any friends that way," He said, looking down at the blade.
~!!~
Leanne laughed along with most of the others as something funny happened on the movie. She was still smiling even after the scene was over.
~!!~
Draven opened his eyes, and looked over at Michi. He blinked once, twice, then sat up slowly, flinching as he moved his stomach.
~!!~
Rainy's eyes widened as he moved closer, and as soon as his lips touched hers she felt as if the floor fell out from beneath her. She had only ever kissed anyone once before, and it turend out to have all been a joke to him. She really liked Darren, though, she had for a while now. And the fact that he would kiss her....

She didn't even seem to realize that her lip was still bleeding as she kissed him back.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:41 pm

A sadness crossed her face, but was quickly replaced with anger. "I don't want friends!" She yelled, reaching up, and slashing the blade across his face.

~!!~
Michi sat up, and touched his shoulder. "Draven, please, be careful." She said. Her peaceful expression now gone, her face was full of worry.

~!!~
Darren pulled back, a small smile on his lips. Her blood stained his lips, he careful wiped it of with the hem of his shirt.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Damian turned his head to the side, only a small flinch crossing his face. He felt the blood run down his cheek, and he glared deeply at her.
~!!~
The bell rang, and Haven stood up quickly. She had science next, and so did Rufus, she remembered. She wondered how he was doing, and how bad her first day had been.
~!!~
Draven nodded slowly. "Fine," He said quietly. He sat up slowly and leaned against the headboard, looking down at his stomach, which was still bandaged.
~!!~
Rainy watched as he wiped the blood off his shirt, and her eyes widened slightly in wonder. She quickly looked away, her cheeks a bright red.
~!!~
Piper was roaming the hallways again. She was still in the same dress, her hair now hanging around her face. She didn't know why she was till here; she just knew she needed to figure out more about that boy and his sister, his family. Clean clothes would have been nice to, but she had no idea who to ask.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Lacey smirked. "This is too much to let you die just yet!" She said, happily, suddenly the chains disappeared.

~!!~
Cinder was sitting outside the school, she had skipped her second period class.

~!!~
Rufus stepped out of his class, still not noticing the whispers that followed him.

~!!~
"What is wrong?" Darren asked. "Should I have not?"

~!!~
Tobias turned a corner, and smiled strangely at Piper. "We need to talk; alone." He said, tossing something at her, a dress, he stole it from the box of dresses Elianna had thrown in the attic. "First go change."
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Damian managed to catch himself before he hit the ground, and shot her a glare.
~!!~
Seth was sitting in his third period class, worried out of his mind. He didn't know where Cinder was; was she avoiding him?
~!!~
Haven spotted Rufus, and ran over to him. She wasn't sure why. She ignored the whispers, and grabbed his arm to get his attention.
~!!~
"No!" Rainy said quickly. "I mean, that's not it," She said quickly. "I'm just...embarrased, is all," she said quietly, looking back down at her feet.
~!!~
Piper frowned as she saw Tobias, and caught the dress. She normally would have protested, but didn't care right now. "Fine," She said instead, and turned back to her room. She came back a few moments later, the new dress on. It hung off of her slightly, her having a slightly smaller frame than Elianna in certain places. She looked at him, wondering what he wanted to talk about, or why. She didn't like his smile.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Lacey laughed. "Glare at me all you want, it won't change the fact that I will kill you one day." She said.

~!!~
Rufus glanced at her. "Hello." He said happily. "Where to next?" He asked.

~!!~
Darren looked down at her. "Don't be." He said slowly.

~!!~
Tobias nodded, and turned around walking to his own room.
Denis
Denis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dial-Up Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Damian laughed, in spite of his pain. "I'd like to see you try, girly," He said.
~!!~
Haven sighed. "Science," she said simply. "Worst class of the day, trust me. The girls there seem intent on torturing me. Come on," She said, and tugged on his sleeve, leading him towards the classroom.
~!!~
Rainy shrugged, looking at her feet. She had her hands clasped together tightly behind her back, clearly unsure of what she was supposed to do now.
~!!~
Piper frowned, then realized that she was supposed to follow. She ran after him, her legs being much shorter than his.
Dial-Up
Dial-Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum